Click here to request a free site survey


Local authorities across the UK are responsible for a wide and diverse range of buildings. These can include council buildings such as offices, town halls and museums. Although not every local council has direct ownership of these premises, they are often responsible for the management and fire safety.

Many local authorities have services in place which help building owners in their local area with building compliance. This often means councils require specialist assessors to provide our expertise, advice and guidance for the buildings they manage. Buildings can include schools, community buildings and commercial buildings.



We have found that many councils lack the specialist knowledge in passive fire protection. They tend to conduct Fire Risk Assessments but have limited knowledge and poor management of Fire Doors and Compartmentation. Karntek are here to fill these skill gaps and uncover your blind-spots in fire safety.

Click here to request a free site survey

Frequently asked questions

Why is passive fire protection important?

Passive Fire Protection is essential in stopping the spread of smoke and fire through a building. It is needed to protect the escape routes and the building’s structure to prevent it from collapsing. If the passive fire protection is correct then it is unlikely any significant damage will arise from a fire.

How am I supposed to know whether I should do it myself or whether I should appoint a competent person?

This decision should be made with consideration to the level of competency required, which would depend on the size / complexity and risk of the building to be assessed. It should be someone with the right skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours to conduct this assessment thoroughly and accurately.

Access more information here

Unsure? Confused? Worried? Click here to ask a question